Monday, July 28, 2014

The Lost Cycle

I knew something was off but had no thoughts on what it could be. I got the period, but a day late. That on its own is unusual for me. It showed early Saturday morning as we were getting ready in Breck for a huge hike we'd planned. I was fully prepared for an uncomfortable hike - advil, prescription pain killers, extra tissues and plenty of lady supplies in a ziplock bag.

A couple of hours into the hike I was in need of a toilet, stat. But when you're in the middle of a mountain range, there is no powder room in which to freshen yourself up. I eventually found a short pile of rocks to tuck behind and fix things up. It was ugly. I haven't had to change my supplies like that within a couple of hours for.... years..... I mean, so. many. years. Ugh.

Well ever since that episode on Saturday morning, I've had virtually nothing. A touch more than spotting, but less than what I'd consider "light." I went in to have my ultrasound checkup this morning to clear me for the Clomid script.

I left empty handed. But not with empty ovaries. My right side has a big, black cyst. 3cm. So this will henceforth be known as the Lost Cycle. My body won't even produce a mature egg so that we can try naturally. So that's that. I sent a panicked email to Jane the acupuncturist to get some perspective. I completely fell apart in the car once I arrived home. Big, loud, pathetic sobs with massive tears just exploding from my tear ducts.

I'm lost.

2 comments:

  1. Hugs to you. This roller coaster us "infertiles" are forced to ride is an unforgiving one, full of hidden turns and dark tunnels. I truly hope you get to jump off this ride soon and onto the "OMG, I'm pregnant!" roller coaster. Though, as someone who, after so many years, is finally on that ride, I'm not real sure which one is scarier.... =)
    <3
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the hugs :) I wasn't aware anyone was reading this! Congrats to you on our BFP, so incredibly exciting. There's a lot of heartbreak that comes before a pregnancy for people like us so getting a positive (I'm guessing) can feel like such a mixed message. Stay healthy & happy! xoxo

      Delete